Sunday, March 23, 2008

The easter bunny is a god...

So.. today is easter.. I ended up getting the kids at one today after all. Conveniently about 15 minutes after I freaked out on Dick he got a call (so he says) that he wasn't working today. Now I'm going to start this post about yesterday... SO I freaked out that i was tired of everything being about him... you know what.. let me type the actual text message i sent him cause i was proud of myself.. just a second.. okay.. i pulled it up.. I told him that i didn't know what time i was going to be home Sat from my plans (which we will get to in a minute!!) and that i might take the kids home sat night or he might have to bring them Sunday morning to my house... and he said gee who's thinking about the kids now!! to which I replied:
"whatever will. I have plans. They will be fine. You are the one who doesnt want 2 go out of your way. I could care less if its convenient 4 you or not. I keep having 2 change my plans due to your schedule. Im not changing my plans today. I will let you know if i get home early enough."
And I was very proud of myself. And then his plans to have to work miraculously changed!!

Anyway.. I was texting this to him while i was on a train... I took a train to Chicago and went to see the Russian Ballet preform Swan Lake. This is something i have always always wanted to see but never had the chance. SOOO I've been talking to a guy and he is an electrician. But not the kind that comes to your house to fix things, he runs lights for places, shows, and performances. I have been talking to him for a little over a week. He asked if I would like to come see the show, to which i was like.. are you kidding?? I would LOVE to!! so I went up there via train, which took MUCH longer but at the same time was MUCH cheaper than gas, to see the show and meet him. SO it was kind of odd cause I went to see the show and sat by myself... it was so amazing though... everyone should see a ballet. Then it was over and he finished up and we went to walk downtown till we found something that we wanted to eat... well turns out that at 4:45 Saturday afternoon... easter weekend.. NOTHING is open!! lol.. neither of us thought about that. So we ended up eating at the food court of the train station.. lol. He said "See, I take you to all the good places!" It was hilarious. And We will be seeing one another again! So he had to go back to the theater to do another show and I went home.

Today I got up went and got the kids, then went to my dads for easter. OMG the kids got SOOO much candy!! It's just crazy! Then we came home to see what the easter bunny had brought them here (since they weren't home this morning). Now that smart little bunny... he got them a sand pail as a basket (cause who is REALLY going to use a multi-color basket again!!), a swimsuit/swim trunks, sunglasses, three books with read along cd, a music cd, and a cd player. I know what kind of bunny does that!! BUT.. That thrifty bunny got these adorable cd Walkman in Dora and Diego on sale for $20... and hey i could have bought one .. oopss.. the bunny could have gotten one for their room... HOWEVER he knew.. smart bunny that he is... that we would have had constant fights over what to listen too.... and not to mention if they used our house cd player a mommy VERY sick of hearing it!! Now Kole got lion king books, and a silly songs CD.. this cd has all the old classics like Monster mash, Splish Splash, The chicken Dance, Purple People Eater.. its great. And Kassie.. well the bunny splurged.. and got her a Hannah Montana CD. And let me tell you... The easter bunny is a god. And it was soo worth it when those little squeals came out of her when she saw what the music cd was!!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

No comments: